Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

Have you heard of BOLD?
Birth On Labor Day

Last year in my community the www.birthonlaborday.com play came to town.

According to the website:
Birth is a play based on over one hundred interviews Karen Brody conducted with mothers across America who gave birth between 2000-2004. It tells the true stories of 8 women painting a portrait of how low-risk, educated women are giving birth in America today

I know it is too late to find a play near you, but check out the website and what this all is about. Labor Day is quite an important holiday in our country but on this day I also tend to reflect on the mothers around the world who have gone through Labor and what it means to them.

I also have spent some time thinking about the differences in my labors and how amazing my last labor was. Not to mention I was wearing a cute gown!!!

No comments: