Friday, April 29, 2011

Fashion Friday: PPB

I owned a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag once. I got it off ebay. It was used. It was very very used. But I really really wanted one.

After awhile of carrying around this tattered bag I tried to convince myself it wasn't that great. I tried to tell myself that I didn't like it because it had velcro on it that was too loud to open the bag during church.

But seriously... too loud for church? Louder than the screaming baby who wants the pacifier tucked neatly into a perfect little pocket inside your Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag?

Basically I had myself convinced that the PPB bags weren't that great. I donated the bag and got some other really nice but not SUPER AMAZING diaper bag and went on my way.

Then I started to read blogs and watch more moms get their PPB diaper bags. I laughed because who would want to spend all that money? Who would want a diaper bag with loud velcro??


And now I realize I was just jealous. I covet really really want a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag. Now that my baby is 2 (Happy birthday Cara Kay!) I don't want the boxy backpack, I want something a little smaller. I want the cross town clutch.
.
.
Oh for the love of all diaper bags... for my next baby I will be getting a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag if I have to name my baby Petunia!

No comments: